Appliance Repair 101 Course
This is a three day, 24-hour course designed to present a working foundation of the six standard household appliances: dryers, washing machines, refrigerators, dishwashers, microwaves, and ranges. Additionally, students will gain an understanding of both electrical schematics and wiring diagrams and how to utilize them in troubleshooting equipment.
- Demonstrate the proper use of electrical test equipment to measure the following:
- AC & DC voltage
- AC & DC current
- Insulation resistance to ground
- Open, shorted, and grounded circuits
- Identify the difference between wiring diagrams and electrical schematics
- Identify symbols on wiring diagrams and electrical schematics
- Identify common electrical / electronic components
- State the principles of operation for the 6 standard household appliances
- Troubleshoot 3 out of the 6 major appliances
View Course Schedule
In this course, you will learn to troubleshoot 3 out of 6 appliances below:
Get Started TodayTake control of your future by taking the first step towards your career in the skilled trades.
Request More InformationHave questions? Contact us today to speak to a representative of Virginia Technical Academy.