HV-201 HVAC/R MRAC 101
This 80-hour, 14-week course is designed to present a working foundation of:
- Refrigeration: This subject introduces students to the fundamentals and basic refrigeration cycle.
- Tools & Supplies: Students will learn the tools, instruments, and supplies most commonly used in HVAC repair.
- Tubing & Piping: Students will receive hands on training on various tubing and piping connecting procedures using approved methods.
- Equipment & Instruments for Refrigerant Handling & Services: Students will learn the specialized equipment used to handle refrigerants, perform refrigerant system service, and pull a vacuum.
- Working with Refrigerant: Students will get hands on training in checking refrigerant charge, repairing refrigerant leaks, evacuating a system.
- Basic Electricity: Students will learn how to calculate power in a circuit, and how factors affect a circuit's power.
This course involves a combination of classroom instruction, hands-on training, trouble shooting and repair, electrical schematic and wiring diagram reading, and EPA certification.
Trouble Shooting & Repair
Get Started TodayTake control of your future by taking the first step towards your career in the skilled trades.
Request More InformationHave questions? Contact us today to speak to a representative of Virginia Technical Academy.