HV-HC-304 Hydrocarbon Refrigerant w/ Lokrings
This course is designed to present appliance technicians with safety information and best practices for working with approved flammable refrigerants.
This course is made up of two 8-hour days of instruction. Student must have EPA 608, Type 1 certification to participate.
Hydrocarbon Refrigerant Safety, is designed to provide technicians with an understanding of the safety requirements for servicing systems that contain EPA SNAP approved flammable refrigerants.
Lokring Service Training, is designed to provide technicians with an overview of the products available through American Vulkan Corporation and the endless applications for Lokring solder-free tube connections. Students will participate in both classroom and hands-on training exercises to ensure mastery of the installation and servicing processes associated with Lokring tube connections.
Commercial and residential refrigeration
Refrigerators, freezers, wine fridges, and more
Process suitable for all refrigerants (R-600, R-290, R-134a)
- Identify Uses of Hydrocarbons as Refrigerants
- Environmental impact
- Applications & availability
- Summarize hydrocarbon regulations and standards
- Approved HC refrigerants
- Restricted uses and applications
- Liability concerns
- Identify refrigerant properties and safety
- Safety classifications
- Flammability hazards
- MSDS & health hazards
- Rated equipment
- Cylinder safety
- Confined spaces
- Explain servicing procedures
- Compressor removal & installation
- Brazing & mechanical joints
- Sparking hazards
- Leak & pressure testing
- Recovery, evacuation, and charging
- Rated replacement parts
- Summarize various Lokring applications
- HVAC & appliance applications
- Assemble Lokring tube connections
- Micrometer measurements
- Tubing construction
- Fitting selection
- Material preparation
Get Started TodayTake control of your future by taking the first step towards your career in the skilled trades.
Request More InformationHave questions? Contact us today to speak to a representative of Virginia Technical Academy.