Spring is here with its bright sunlight and warm winds, bringing an end to the cold dark winter. The only downside, besides the pollen, is all the maintenance needed for your home. I recommend inspecting your home and generating a checklist to help you target the projects that you can complete and the ones that you need professional help with. Taking the time to generate a list will get your chores done quickly, leaving you more time for playing outside in the sunshine.
This is my top ten on my checklist.
- Check for loose or leaky gutters.
- Check roof for lost or damaged shingles.
- Check trim around windows, doors, railings, and decks. Seal holes where insects and varmints can get in.
- Inspect concrete slabs for signs of cracks or movement.
- Check outside hose faucets for freeze damage.
- Have a professional heating and cooling contractor clean and service the outside unit of the air conditioning system.
- Check lawn equipment to make sure it is ready for summer use.
- Power wash driveways and walkways.
- Clean your refrigerator coils and dryer vent.
- Check smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. (replace batteries)